Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chapter 5 - A Twinkle In His Eye

I have never seen my dad like this before. There is no sparkle in his eyes. He just isn’t his normal self.

Everybody sees it. Letters and money has been sent to us. Plus it has never had a return address on the envelope.

It has been two weeks since it has happened. Why has it affected him so much? I wish I could do something to help him out. I have been praying to hopefully find an answer. I just don’t know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December finally hit and it was the first Sunday of the month. I was fasting, praying, hoping my dad would get the twinkle back in his eye.

You know how sometimes church seems really long? Well that was today. After church I told my dad that I was going to go for a walk. I walked around the neighborhoods just thinking, hoping to clear my mind.

It was about a hour and a half later I realized that I have walked back into the church. I found my dad sitting on the couch in the foyer.

“Dad what are you still doing here?”

He looked up at me and said, “Just trying to clear my head and figure things out.”

“Dad, let’s go home. Mom’s probably worried.”

We walked toward the doors slowly in the other side of the church that lead to our house.

While we were walking we pasted the relief society room and we heard someone playing the song, “I’ll build you a rainbow.” The other ward was in there. My dad stopped all of a sudden and was listening. When the song was done, he looked at me and smiled, giving me a hug and said, “Shayna I love you so much.”

“Dad I love you more than you know.”

As I said that I saw the twinkle in his eye coming back. Even though nothing will be as it used to, I know that the love my family has for each other will always be with us no matter what we face.

No comments:

Post a Comment