Friday, October 29, 2010

Chapter 1 - My Family

Everything in my life is perfect. Or at least it seems like it. It is the way any seventeen year old would want life to be. Junior year of high school, being tons of fun goofing around, and playing games with friends and doing the craziest things ever. There is no drama between any of your friends. Being able to have friends wanting the same standards as you in the gospel and just life. Always hanging out and eating lunch together as friends. But the most important is my family. They mean everything to me. All of us love the gospel so much. We love the fact that we can and will be together forever. I am so happy!

I guess it would be smart to tell you about my family. My mom is tall with long, brown, wavy hair. My mom is the coolest, nicest, sweetest, and the most fun person to be around. All the neighborhood kids love to play a soccer game with her being on their team. Funny thing is she can’t be on both teams if you play the real way soccer is supposed to be played. Yet she manages to play on both teams. Everybody loves her to death. My mom is the kind of person you can go to, and talk to about anything. She is always there to listen. She always does the little things that most people won’t notice and yet always manages to never have the person know it was her.

Next is my dad. My dad is my hero and I don’t know if he knows that or not. I watch his every move. He always knows if something is wrong or if something is on your mind. Never ceases to amaze me that he will just ask flat out if something is wrong or if you need to talk. He is always helping someone and the age never matters. My dad is so caring about everything and everybody. My dad is a seminary teacher and he loves it with all of his heart. Everybody always says he is the coolest ever. I know that for a fact that this is a true statement. My dad’s name is Robert Benning or as his seminary students calls him, Brother Benning.

Also I have a little brother Tyler James. I also call him Ty and also TJ. But Tyler likes TJ better. Just depending on the moment. He is sixteen and so protective about me and cares how I feel. He always can tell if I am sad or not. TJ also won’t let anyone say mean things to me. But yes TJ can be obnoxious too. The one thing I love doing most with TJ is while he plays the piano I love to sing. He has the most amazing talent at the piano. He can learn a song so fast. I love my brother.

I also have a sister Rose. Rose is four years old. The reason for the big gap between our ages is that my parents adopted her two years ago when she was 2 years old. Her parents died from a drive by shooting. I didn’t know why it happened. All I could think is they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Rose is my favorite. She loves to come with me everywhere and loves when I play games and read her books. She has the most pretty black, tight curled hair ever. I am so jealous of it!

But I guess it is about time I should introduce myself. Hi, I am Shayna and I am seventeen years old. I am a junior in high school and it’s only been two months since school has started. Actually today is my Birthday, October eleventh and I am finally eighteen years old. I am so happy. Some of the things I love to do is sing and play the piano. I also love to run! Running is my passion. It is something I will always do. If you got stuff on your mind it lets you forget about it. If you have a lot of stress it relieves some of it. Mostly because I just feel free. Free from everything in this world. My life is just great. I don’t think it could get any better because I have all I ever need right here and now!

This is my life story.

No comments:

Post a Comment