Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chapter 2 - Monday

Chapter 2 – Monday

Well the one thing I hate is having to wake up on a Monday morning at 5:45 a.m. It’s only because you get the weekend to sleep in. Then it is hard to get up that morning so early.

The bright side of all of this is I get to start my day out with family scripture study. I love how my family and I get to learn more about Christ but also we get to hang out as a family. The best part is I get to have my dad as a seminary teacher, teach us in the morning. I walk up the stairs and see my dad.

“Hi Dad. How are you this morning?”

“Wonderful Shayna. It amazes me how happy you can be to start out each morning this early.”

“Dad you know why. It’s because I have such a loving family, and the love of Christ in my life.”

“And that’s why you’re my favorite daughter.”

After scripture study we had some cinnamon pancakes with white chocolate chips in them. These are my favorite. Each day of the week my mom makes one of our favorite breakfast meals. Monday’s are my day.

Then I had to get ready and leave for school at 7 o’clock a.m. I get to Wallcreek High and go to my locker. I grab the stuff I need for that day out of my locker and then just walk around to find friends to talk to before the bell rings to go to class.

Normal day of school as usual for me. I always have no homework because all of my teachers hate giving it this year.

The most fun part of my day is probably lunch because I get to talk to my friends. But the best part is we always hang out at the seminary building because my dad is there and he teaches my friends. My friends love asking him questions during lunch and basically have a debate class against him. Funny thing is my dad always seems to win on any subject!

Finally school gets out and I get to go to work. Nice thing is I don’t have to drive far to work at all. I work over at the onion factory. Don’t ask me why but my eyes never water from the onions. For some reason they don’t bug me. Maybe that’s because I am always around them.

Basically at work they have me put the onions in boxes so that they can ship them out. I love the job. I get ten dollars an hour, working Monday through Friday and only four hours each day. I get holidays and weekends off.

Today at work we had a party because next week is Thanksgiving weekend. Yeah we did celebrate it early this time but I don’t mind.

I got home from work about 7:15 p.m. Even though during school it might be harder to hold family home evening we still manage to do a five minutes lesson at least. Tonight Rose picked the song and she wanted to sing “Families can be Together Forever.” She doesn’t know the words really but I think she just loves listening to the words while we sing this song. This is one of my most favorite songs in the Primary Children’s song book. It makes me tear up every time we sing it because of us adopting Rose. Also this taught me so much more about why families are forever and it just really touches me.

After Family Home Evening we all went to bed at 9-9:30 p.m. because we get up early to read the scriptures. Rose goes to bed though about 8:30 p.m. She always has me sing the Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Then she always has me read her a book. But today we read a Halloween one. It is her favorite season even if Halloween is past.

“Rose, Good Night! I love you lots. See you in the morning!”

“Night Night Shayna! Said Rose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked up the stairs to where I found a light still on. Usually there is no one awake this late but I happened to find my mom up.

“Shayna, How come you are not asleep yet? It’s 11:00 p.m.”

“I just couldn’t sleep. I was wondering what makes Rose attached to me so much? I mean I love her so much. I just don’t see how she is attached to the rest of the family like she is to me.”

“Shayna, it’s because you are so kind. You have such a gentle, loving touch about you. You glow with the Light of Christ. She can see it in you.”

“Thanks Mom. Love you.”

“Good Night Shay.”

No comments:

Post a Comment